Top 10 College Degrees by Highest Starting Salary in 2010
The National Association of Colleges and Employers have released their latest list of the Top Ten Degrees with the highest starting salaries. As you can see things have changed a bit this year with engineering degrees leading to jobs in the resource sector dominating the top ten whilst the usual financial, accounting and business related majors that were so prominent a few years ago have dropped out. Overall though the average starting salaries have increased slightly on the 2009 figures.
So here they are, The Top 10 for 2010.
1. Petroleum Engineering $86,220
2. Chemical Engineering $65,142
3. Mining & Mineral Engineering $64,552
4. Computer Science $61,205
5. Computer Engineering $60,879
6. Electrical/Electronics & Communications Engineering $59,074
7. Mechanical Engineering $58,392
8. Industrial/Manufacturing Engineering $57,734
9. Aerospace/Aeronautical/ Astronautical Engineering $57,231
10. Information Sciences & Systems $54,038
All of these degrees can be earned through an online degree program from an accredited online school. They could also be earned in as little as two years through an accelerated degree program which gives you the flexibility to study when and where you choose and gets you that high paying job much sooner. What are you waiting for, find a fast track degree program today!